The event consists of 3 separate tournaments running in parallel, one for each of the age bracket (U16, U18, U20). There are 6 teams in each age bracket, one each from the countries of Canada, Czech Republic, Great Britain, Slovakia, Swizterland and USA. Each team plays each other team in the group once and when all games have been played the teams play one further positional playoff game. That means the the teams that finished 5th and 6th play each other to decide their final positions, 4th plays 3rd and 2nd plays 1st in order to decide the overall winner of the competition.
|Czech Republic U16||5||23||10||9|
|Great Britain U16||5||2||-43||0|
|Czech Republic U18||5||21||16||11|
|Great Britain U18||5||5||-31||0|
|Czech Republic U20||5||28||14||9|
|Great Britain U20||5||5||-36||0|
Game LengthGames consists of 3 periods of 15 minutes stop clock with a 5 minute intermission between periods and a 10 minute warm-up prior
to the start of the game.
PointsThe winner of each game gets 3 points. In the case of a tie, each team gets 1 point. There will then follow a best of 3 shoot-out.
If the teams are still tied after 3 shots, the shoot-out will move to sudden death. Winning on penalty shots gives the
winning team an extra point. The score will be recorded as the game score with an extra goal added for the winning team.
JerseysThe home team on the schedule will wear dark jerseys.
The ranking within a group shall be decided in the following order:
- a) The total number of points
- b) If two or more teams have the same number of points the internal match of the teams concerned, the internal goal difference
included if necessary, shall be decisive. (Note for decision : A maximum 10 goal differential shall be recognized in any one game for
the purpose of the tie-break procedures)
- c) If internal matches according to b) are not decisive, most scored goals internally shall be decisive
- d) If the ranking can be decided by the interal matches the total goal diffrence of the teams concerned shall be decisive.
- e) If the total goal difference is not decisive most scored goals of the teams concerned shall be decisive
- f) If two or more team are definitvely tied after points a) to e) a shoot out of all teams concerned will be decisive. For this shoot out every team involved has to dress at least 10 players and two goalkeepers. Normal shoot out rules apply (see opposite). For the shoot out (especially if three or more team are total tied) the points a) to e) will be applied again
Overtime and Shoot-outs
Any game that needs a winner will go into overtime if tied after 45 minutes.
- - The teams play in the same direction as they did at the end of the 3rd.
- - Overtime is sudden death.
- - Overtime is 5 minutes (10 minutes for final).
- - If tied after overtime, the game moves to a shoot-out.
- - Each team starts with 3 shots, each taken by a different player.
- - A coin toss will decide who shoots first.
- - If tied after 3 shots, the games into sudden death penalty shots.
- - There are no restrictions on who takes the penalty shots in sudden death rounds.
- - You can change your netminder after each shot